Teejay is the first and currently the only instructor to hold the world-renowned and internationally recognised
STOTT PILATES™ full Certification in Hertfordshire.
- Fully certified instructor (Level 1 & 2 – beginners, intermediate and advanced) with STOTT PILATES™, trained in the UK and Toronto, Canada on Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrel and Injury & Special Populations (ISP) - The only Pilates Instructor of this level in Hertfordshire
- Qualified Sports injuries and massage therapist registered practitioner with the Association of Physical and Natural Therapist (APNT), the British Complementary Medicine Association (BCMA)
- Certified Dry Needling Practitioner (Club-Physio)
- Studied Osteopathy to a high level (HNC)
- Qualifed YMCA professional fitness instructor
- Played squash racquet at national level, also SRA (Squash Rackets Association) Squash coach for many years and has been involved in the fitness industry since 1986
- Trained NLP practitioner and Life Coach
- Invited by Ruth White (one of the most renowned and respected Yoga training organisation in the UK) to run a series of pilates classes for her trainee yoga teachers
- Certifications mandatory requirements of at least 30 hours a year of Continual Professional Development
Teejay Sogunro is passionate about the way Applied Pilates helps patients of all ages and backgrounds achieve profound results as quickly as possible. Indeed his passion derives from his own personal journey in search of pain relief from a debilitating back condition. During his hunt for advice and treatment, Teejay discovered the true long-term benefits of Pilates and went on to master the clinical knowledge and skills vital when applying appropriate exercises or treatment to specific conditions.
His experience has also made Teejay well aware of the damage the wrong kind of treatment can cause. Small group work allows him to focus on the needs of individuals and then apply the appropriate Pilates and other specific rehabilitation exercises to help them.
As he explains:
Teejay specialise in rehab, remedial, pre and post pregnancy, fitness, well being and sports performance Applied Pilates. Combined with his experience and dedication is an impressive list of qualifications (see above) - a Pilates instructor with this kind of comprehensive knowledge within such a wide range of disciplines is a rarity. His personal experience extends to fitness, osteopathy, physiotherapy and sports/non-sports related injuries.
No surprise then that clients and patients have included professionals from those worlds, plus company directors, pre and post surgery clients (hip replacements, shoulder, knee, ankle, surgery) and numerous clients who have suffered injuries resulting from physical activities (for example, bad postural habits, gardening, whiplash, RSI).
Teejay’s dedication also extends to creating a welcoming environment to encourage clients who would never normally set foot in a Pilates studio. Pilates may have originally been designed for top ballet dancers and athletes, but he and his team are as devoted to the office worker with backache as they are to the professional sportsman. His vision is versatile and far-reaching: